World Rugby/Rugby Europe Trainers and Educator Course 2018
The course is competency based and successful participants where appropriate, will be able to deliver World Rugby/Rugby Europe Level 1 & 2 coach or match official (Referees & Ass. Referees) courses in their unions. The World Rugby/Rugby Europe “T&E” programme will cover accommodation and course costs. Delegates or their unions will cover travel costs.
There will be a limited number of places on the course and a selection process will be followed.
Unions will be informed in April, if the nominations are selected or not.
Selected delegates will need to arrive into Dublin on 20 May (for Trainers) and in 22 May evening (for Educators).
- Presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Have had some experiences of presenting information to groups (e.g. teaching);
- Be open-minded;
- Adaptable to change;
- Welcomes feedback and willing to self-reflect;
- Adopt an interactive rather than lecturing approach;
- Have a genuine interest in wanting to develop coaches/ officials;
- Have appropriate rugby knowledge, skills and experience to be able to deliver specific courses; (At least Level 2 accreditation – World Rugby/Rugby Europe or equivalent).
- Commits to completing all relevant pre-course tasks that will be given.
- Commitment to deliver an agreed number of coaching/official courses per year in their unions.